Ramadhan 2018


I've always greeted Ramadhan with a quiet, internal celebration. There's something about this holy month that just sparkles and ignites something in me, and makes me look forward to making the most of it. The days seem slower, the nights seem more clandestine, and it feels like a door has opened to a very grand club that's only held once a year, and you've been invited to the party.

I'm not the most 'perfect' muslim (whatever that may mean), but I feel that every small step you make towards enhancing your faith, improving yourself for the better, and creating positive changes in your community, counts for something. The first hurdle is actually 'wanting' to do something. Once you get the ball rolling, it's a matter of keeping it up, and getting better.

What I've noticed (more than ever) this year, is that everybody takes Ramadhan in a different way. We're all, in some way or other, affected by this societal shift, and the least we could do is be considerate of how everyone else is going through it. Whether they are muslim or not, devout or not, it's necessary to remember and respect that every single person is on their own journey of faith.

Here's to going through this month with more kindness and empathy, and more actions to our intentions. Whoever you are and wherever you may be, selamat menyambut Ramadhan!


2 comments:

  1. Get Well Soon Sha Sha, In the name of Allah I have nothing against you, all my action is towards answering the question of my heart after everything that happen, Alhamdulillah I'm good now and I hope it last, forgive me again mischief and thank you. May this Ramadan bring endless Rahmat towards the Humanity. Ameen. Take Care. Ramadan Kareem Acacia.

    ReplyDelete

 

TUMBLR

Instagram

Twitter