I Graduated!

I guess I should explain my extremely long hiatus from updating Advenshatime for the most of 2017. I had one main goal to settle last year and that was basically to graduate my Masters in Architecture from the University of Greenwich. Since you're reading this and I'm still alive, safe to say that goal was achieved successfully alhamdulillah! :D






Left: With my classmates, Angela and Irene.
Right: With one of my fav Sabahans, Faiqah. 




I rarely talk much about studying architecture in Greenwich. It's a tie-in with my daily life in London that often don't make it to my public social media. There's not much to talk about (and not much time even when I want to!) when every day I'm waking up, getting ready, walking to school, going for design tutorials, spending time at the library and basically getting things done hehe. I get that in life we all have to pay our dues, and as much as I share my travelling jaunts, an equal amount of time (if not more) is spent on me working hard to make that happen.

I graduated at the Chapel of Saint Paul at the Old Royal Naval College. It was a beautiful venue - Greenwich truly is one of the most picturesque gems in London. The morning was pretty dreary, but grew into a perfect, sunny afternoon. Faiqah, (my awesome awesome girl) came as my sole guest and even bought the flowers. I wore Kai's red kebaya for the ceremony and felt like a queen. I wish with all my heart that the rest of my family and close friends were there to mark the occasion, as it was (and still is) a huge milestone for me.

I'm telling you now that the journey wasn't all roses and cheery postcards. Of course there were tough days, tough tutorials, and tough tough tough times. Being far away from home didn't help either. Throughout the whole experience I actually failed a couple of times, and during my first year I was genuinely ready to give up, pack up, and go home. Writing this now sounds so horrible, but only God knows how close I was to quitting. It takes a lot of mental energy to keep going when you don't believe in yourself. Somehow I found the strength to buck up, sit down, and get it done!

I am so thankful for the people who offered me support and who were there for me. Wouldn't have made it here without you guys .

Pejam celik pejam celik, it was all finally done, and I am now a Masters in Architecture (RIBA II) graduate! Alhamdulillah!!


Here's to a lifetime of exploring, learning, and growing. And to anyone who's studying or struggling out there, please please please know that you have it in you to pull through!


2 comments:

  1. I think you mean pejam celik pejam celik, because pejam and tutup are essentially the same so you're closing your eyes all the time?? Hahha. Anyway congratulations on your graduation!! :) Hope you'll update your blog more often? Hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha ya tuhan you are absolutely correct. thank you! i'm doing my best ><

      Delete

 

TUMBLR

Instagram

Twitter